In preparation for the 2020 tax season, please be aware some of our customers may be receiving duplicate tax forms. The forms were prepared and sent from two different sources, so while the information is the same, the form looks different. We would like to assure everyone that the information has only been reported to the IRS once, and that it will not affect your tax obligation. You should keep one of the forms for your tax preparer and discard the duplicate.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as an Overdraft Line of Credit or link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if F&M pays my overdraft?
- Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also if your account is overdrawn for 4 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $8.00 per day beginning on the 4th day.
- The maximum number of NSF/Overdraft fees charged to a consumer account is 6 per day. There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want F&M to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 800.451.7843, visit www.fm.bank to complete the form below and submit electronically, or complete the form below and present it at any F&M Office or mail it to: F&M Bank, PO Box 216, Archbold, OH 43502
May I revoke my consent for F&M to pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
Yes, you may revoke your consent at any time by calling 800.451.7843, visiting www.fm.bank, or by visiting any or our office locations or writing us at: PO Box 216, Archbold, OH 43502